Folks with WordPress-backed websites will be happy to hear that the blogging platform has posted a significant update to its iOS app today. The update, which brings the app to version 3.6, features a completely redesigned user interface, a new shortcut for posting, and several other improvements…
Here’s the full 3.6 change log:
What’s New in Version 3.6
• A completely redesigned new user experience
• A faster way to post: added a shortcut on the sidebar
– Fixed a problem with Tumblr imported blogs
– Emoticons now appear correctly on notifications
– Performance improvements for notifications
– Updated translations: now also in Russian, Danish, and Korean
The new user interface is a breath of fresh air for the app, which was starting to feel a bit antiquated. The navigation menu is still there, on the lefthand side, but text, graphics and other UI elements now look much sharper and more appropriate for 2013 software. Also there are various speed enhancements.
For those who have a WordPress site or blog, but aren’t using the native iOS app, I recommend giving it a shot. It’s come a long way even since version 3.0 was released last year. You can use it to do everything from posting to uploading media, to viewing comments. And it’s now more stable than ever.
If you’d like to check it out for yourself, you can find WordPress in the App Store, for both the iPhone and iPad, for free.