Nine days ago, Mac games developer Aspyr inadvertently told customers in an email communication that “the critically-acclaimed Star Wars RPG is now available on iPad.” Following that “leak,” Aspyr today released Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on the App Store.
The iPad-only title is based on BioWare’s classic 2003 RPG game and includes unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets.
On top of that, you get to choose from nine customizable characters, use over 40 different Force powers, roam odd planets and vast galaxies and much, much more. If you’re a Star Wars fan, this one’s a no-brainer…
Release notes mention the following features:
• An epic Star Wars role-playing experience with unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets.
• Learn to use the Force with over 40 different powers, plus build your own lightsaber.
• Adventure through iconic Star Wars locations, including Tatooine and the Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk.
• Choose your party from nine customizable characters, including Twi’leks, droids and Wookiees.
• Travel to eight enormous worlds in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk.
• A streamlined user interface custom-made for the iPad’s touch screen helps immerse you in the action.
Here, a few screenies for your viewing pleasure.
And here’s a look at the first 30 minutes of gameplay, via 148Apps.
The massive two-gigabyte download costs ten bucks and requires an iPad 2 or newer running iOS 6.0 or later.
Note you must have at least 2.5 GB of free storage space in order to install this monster of a game.
RPG fans may want to check out BioWare’s another high-profile title, Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition for iPad.
Aspyr will be porting more Mac games to iOS so stay tuned.