Folks with Verizon-branded 4G iPads will be happy to hear that the carrier is flipping the LTE switch on in several new areas over the next few weeks. This includes both expansions, and brand new markets, in multiple states.
North Carolina and Florida residents look to be the biggest winners in this round of activations, as Verizon’s 4G network will soon be available in Jacksonville, New Bern, Panama City and Palm Beach. Full list after the break…
- Florida – Gainesville, Panama City, Palm Beach, Volusia and Flagler counties
- Idaho – Payette, Shelley, Blackfoot
- Indiana – Seymour, Columbus
- Massachusetts – Billerica
- Missouri – Jefferson City, Springfield, West Plains, Lake of the Ozarks region
- North Carolina – Jacksonville, New Barn, Burlington, The Triangle region
- Oregon – Ontario
- Pennsylvania – Bedford
So if you happen to live, or will soon be traveling to, one of these areas, mark your calendar for June 21. Once this month’s rollout is done, Verizon’s LTE network will be available in close to 300 cities. Yikes.
Where are you at AT&T?