The iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak is now a reality with the release of Absinthe 2.0, and we’ve got the full tutorial that shows you how to jailbreak your device.
This jailbreak is compatible with most iOS devices capable of running iOS 5.1.1.
Check inside for our full step-by-step walkthrough that shows you how to use Absinthe 2.0 to perform an untethered jailbreak on your device…
Note: If you are currently on iOS 5.1.1 with a tethered jailbreak, simply install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether instead.
Step 1: Download Absinthe 2.0 from our downloads page.
Step 2: Run Absinthe 2.0.
Step 3: Connect your device to your computer running Absinthe, and ensure that Absinthe detects the exact device that you connect. Make sure your device is turned on and at the Home screen. You do not have to use DFU mode at all.
Step 4: Click Jailbreak, and let the process complete. You will see your iPhone act as if it’s performing a restore, this is normal, be patient.
Step 5: Once complete, you should receive an alert on Absinthe telling you that the jailbreak is complete, and you should see the Cydia app icon on your Home screen. It is now safe to unplug your device.
Step 6: Open Cydia, and it will prepare for first use. Congratulations, your iOS 5.1.1 installed device is now jailbroken with an untethered jailbreak!
That’s all there is to it folks. You can now jailbreak your iPad 3, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, Apple TV 2, and more, with the new Absinthe 2.0 untethered jailbreak.
For a full list of all of the devices that are compatible with this jailbreak, be sure to check out our initial post on the Absinthe 2.0 release.
How does it feel to finally have an untethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1.1?! What about your iPad 3 owners? A retina iPad that’s jailbroken. It doesn’t get any better than this.
More iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak coverage can be found here:
- Absinthe 2.0 released for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak
- Absinthe 2.0.1 now available to address bugs
- Download Absinthe
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe 2.0 on Windows
- How to convert an iOS 5.1.1 tethered jailbreak to an untethered jailbreak
- How to run Absinthe 2.0 on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Seas0nPass iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released for Apple TV
- Cydia reporting HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
- Complete Absinthe coverage
- Complete jailbreak coverage