After several months of rumors and speculation, Apple’s long-awaited iPhone event has finally arrived. As expected, Tim Cook has taken the stage to kick off the highly anticipated keynote.
The newly-appointed CEO has started things off by talking about Apple’s major milestones over the last several months. As you may know, it’s been a good year for Apple, so Tim has plenty to brag about…
- 357 Apple Retail Stores now stand in 11 countries
- Over 6 million copies of Mac OS X Leopard have been downloaded
- The MacBook Pro and iMac are the #1 selling laptop and desktop in the U.S.
- Apple has 78% of the mp3 player market, more than 300 million iPods have been sold
- More than 16 Billion songs have been downloaded from the iTunes store
- The iPhone 4 now makes up half of the iPhone market
- 125% increase in year-over-year iPhone sales
- iPhone is #1 in customer satisfaction, 70% of its users are very satisfied (next in line is HTC with 49%)
- Apple now controls 5% of the mobile phone market (not just smartphones, all handsets)
- Every state in America has an iPad program either deployed, or in pilot
- Over 1000 schools have 1 iPad for every student
Now Mr. Cook has turned the stage over to Apple’s iOS man Scott Forstall, stay tuned.