Two men charged with misdemeanor theft charges on the leaked iPhone 4 prototype scandal from last year have pled not guilty in court. If you recall, an iPhone 4 prototype was found in a bar in Redwood City, California and then sold to gadget blog Gizmodo for $5,000.
Gizmodo was cleared of charges last month, but two suspects that allegedly found the prototype are now being charged…
“At an arraignment here this morning, lawyers for Brian Hogan, the man who allegedly found the prototype in a bar after it was left there by an Apple engineer, and Robert Sage Wallower, who is accused of that charge as well as possessing stolen property, entered their pleas before Superior Court Judge Jonathan Karesh.”
Oddly enough, CNET also reported the news yesterday that another iPhone prototype (supposedly the iPhone 5) was lost in another bar in the San Francisco area. This is not to be confused with the ongoing case of the leaked iPhone 4 prototype of last year, and we’re sure that Apple is doing everything it can to avoid another prototype leaking to the press. At this time, the ‘lost’ prototype reported yesterday has not been found.
In terms of this iPhone 4 case, Brian Hogan and Robert Wallower are pleading not guilty. Hogan has said that he found and sold the device, while Wallower is being accused of trying to sell the device to various tech sites. California law states that anyone who finds lost property and knows of the likely owner must return said property and not use it for personal gain. Hogan and Wallower’s court conference is set for October 11.