As I wrote a few days ago, my iPhone’s battery life is terrible. I did everything I could think of to maximize it but it’s still not enough to get me through a full day without charging it.
The only good thing that comes out of that is it helped me put up together a list of 16 things you can do to increase your iPhone battery life.
Apply all or some of these tips and your battery life should get better. Note that this article is inspired by Apple’s website.
- Keep your iPhone off the heat. It works best from 32° to 95° F
- Update your iPhone with the latest firmware (unless you’re a jailbreaker)
- Turn off wifi if you’re not using it (Settings > Wi-Fi and set Wi-Fi to Off)
- Turn off 3G if you don’t need it (Settings > General > Network and set Enable 3G to Off)
- Turn off song EQualizer (Settings > iPod > EQ and tap Off)
- Turn off Bluetooth (Settings > General > Bluetooth and set Bluetooth to Off)
- Turn off Push Notifications (Settings > Notifications and set Notifications to Off)
- Turn off Location Services (Settings > General > and Location Services to Off)
- Turn off Push Email (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and set Push to Off)
- Fetch new data manually (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and tap Manually)
- Don’t check too many email accounts (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, choose an email account, and set Account to Off)
- Auto-adjust Brightness (Settings > Brightness and set Auto-Brightness to On)
- Don’t play too much games
- Go through a full charge cycle each month (charge the battery to 100% and completely run it down)
- Set Auto-Lock for the screen to 1 minute (Settings > General > Auto-Lock > 1 minute)
- Turn off Vibrate (Settings > Sounds and set Vibrate to off)
I understand it’s quite impossible to follow all these tips at once but depending on the situation, you can make these simple adjustments to your iPhone and it will undoubtedly increase its battery life.
If you have more tips on how to improve the iPhone battery life, feel free to share in the comments or in the forum.