Hot on the heels of last week’s update that brought out official integration with Apple’s iPad Pro and support for pressure-drawing with the Apple Pencil and 3D Touch on the iPhone 6s, Pixelmator for iOS today received another update which expands Apple Pencil’s Tilt feature to an additional 30 brushes.
Pixelmator 2.2.1 for iOS also sports faster Distort tools and includes several fixes that improve the experience.
Developers claim that applying multiple effects to large images in Pixelmator’s Photos Extension on iOS now works without a hiccup. The app should be more stable when opening images and owners of the iPad Pro will appreciate a high-resolution icon that looks crisp on the tablet’s display.
Speaking of the iPad Pro, Pixelmator includes support for up to 8K canvases for professional image editing though 8K images are also supported on the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4 and sixth-generation iPod touch.
Pixelmator 2.2.1 highlights
Changelog mentions the following enhancements:
- 30 more brushes now support the Tilt feature of the Apple Pencil.
- Distort tools work faster than before when editing large images.
- Applying multiple effects to large images in the Pixelmator Photos Extension works smoothly.
- Improved stability when opening images.
- The Pixelmator icon looks more crisp on the home screen of the iPad Pro.
- Fixed an issue where, after changing either text size or rotation, you had to close and reopen the text format popover to change the other.
- Fixed an issue on 3D Touch devices where the app would quit unexpectedly when using Peek and Pop in an empty Pixelmator Gallery.
Pixelmator supports the full range of Apple Pencil features, including palm rejection. The previous update also added a brand new Pixel brush which can be used to create attractive pixel art with little effort.
Pixelmator requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 9.0 or later. The app is localized in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish and Traditional Chinese.
Pixelmator for Mac is currently $29.99 in the Mac App Store.