Tempo Smart Calendar, another worthwhile alternative to Apple’s stock iOS Calendar that last week became the first iOS app with Uber integration, is now available with native iPad interface which takes full advantage of the tablet’s larger canvas.
The iPad interface has been added to the existing Tempo for iPhone app, now a universal download in the App Store.
Other new features in this edition of Tempo include the new Week, Month and Agenda views that look business on the iPad, localization in French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, as well as wider availability in more countries.
According to a post over at the Tempo blog, in the coming weeks the app will be available for download in Europe, Central and South America.
Here’s Tempo’s Month view on the iPad. By the way, apologies for the thick screenshot borders but that’s how developers shared the images in the post.
And the Week view.
And finally your scrollable daily agenda.
In addition to the native tablet UI, the following Tempo features are also available on the iPad (sans conference calling):
- Review insights about the people you meet – including photos, mutual contacts, Facebook and Google+ posts, LinkedIn details, Tweets, news, Crunchbase, AngelList and more
- Find and order Uber rides to your next meeting, intelligently autofilling destinations based on data from your calendars
- Easily add an event to the calendar in natural language via typing or voice
- Quickly reach people with up-to-date contact details from Google Contacts, Microsoft Outlook Contacts and iPhone Contacts
- Create and complete iOS Reminders
- Get maps, directions and estimated drive times
- Send “running late” texts or emails to meeting attendees
- Review related emails and documents, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDFs and images
- Check flight status, terminal and gate information
- Use smart one-tap alerts to perform actions directly from the lock-screen
- Post birthday greetings on friends’ Facebook walls
- Discover the weather forecast based on location
- View company backgrounders that include your network within that company along with the latest news
Tempo works with both Google and Exchange calendars and is available free of charge on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices with iOS 7.0 or later. A Mac edition of Tempo remains non-existent to this date.
- Best calendar apps for iPad
- Best calendar apps for iPhone
- Review: Fantastical 2 for iPad
- Articles tagged with ‘Calendar’
- Review: Calendars 5 by Readdle