Back in March, Blizzard launched its digital card trading game ‘Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft’ on the Mac, and as promised, it has brought the game to iOS. The title soft-launched for iPad last night, and is now available in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand App Stores.
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, for those unfamiliar with it, is a strategy card game set in the ‘Warcraft’ universe. Players compete in 1-on-1 battles—either against the computer or other users via Battle.net—in an effort to grow the size and power of their card collections…
From the App Store description:
DECEPTIVELY SIMPLE. INSANELY FUN.
Pick up your cards and throw down the gauntlet! In Hearthstone, you play the hero in a fast-paced, whimsical card game of cunning strategy. In minutes, you’ll be unleashing powerful cards to sling spells, summon minions, and seize control of an ever-shifting battlefield. Whether it’s your first strategy game, or you’re an experienced pro, the depth and charm of Hearthstone will draw you in.
And some of the game’s top features:
– Jump right in: Fun introductory missions bring you into the world of Hearthstone’s intuitive gameplay.
– Build your deck: With hundreds of additional cards to win and craft – your collection grows with you.
– Hone your skills: Play in practice matches against computer-controlled heroes of the Warcraft universe. Thrall, Uther, Gul’dan – they’re all here!
– Collections travels with you: Your card collection is linked to your Battle.net account – enabling you to switch your play between tablet and desktop with ease.
– And fight for glory: When you’re ready, step into the Arena and duel other players for the chance to win awesome prizes!
And finally some gameplay footage:
If strategy card games are your thing, it doesn’t look like you’ll be disappointed by Hearthstone. From the graphics to the sound effects, everything seems sharp and well put together—and then of course there’s all of the familiar elements from Blizzard’s popular Warcraft universe.
While the game is currently only available in select countries right now, for testing purposes, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft should launch worldwide soon. In the meantime, here’s an international link to the new iPad game and a link to the Mac Version. Both are free-to-play.