Microsoft has updated its mobile Bing client for iOS today, bringing the app to version 4.4. The update brings about a number of new features and improvements that both current Bing and potential future Bing users might find worth checking out.
Perhaps most interesting of the additions is a new shake-to-discover feature, which allows you to shake your iPhone about to discover random ‘Trending’ news topics. Microsoft also added the ability to copy URLs and open URLs in mobile Safari…
Here’s your 4.4 change log:
What’s New in Version 4.4
- Shake your phone to discover a trending story.
- See what’s trending across News, Searches, and Images with quick access from the home button.
- Multitask using Recent tiles.
- Tap the search widget from anywhere in the app for one-hand access to new search, tabs, and voice search.
- Manage your bookmarks: separate categories for News, Images, Searches, and Web Results.
- Copy web addresses or open websites in Safari.
Today’s update follows a big one for the iPad last month that brought about a new iOS 7 design, SkyDrive bookmarks and more. Speaking of SkyDrive, Microsoft rebranded the service as OneDrive last week and is offering up to 10GB of free storage right now.
If you haven’t tried the Bing app out, I highly recommend it. I know Bing has sort of a stigma about it, but the app is really well designed and works great as a web browser/top-story reader. If you’re interested, you can find the Bing app in the App Store for free.