Great news gamers, Gameloft has made good on its promise to release a sequel to their popular sim-racer GT Racing today. It’s called ‘GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience’ and it’s now available for download.
The game bills itself as ‘the richest handheld racing simulation this year,’ allowing players to race one of 67 licensed cars, from over 30 manufacturers, on 13 detailed tracks from around the world, in 1,400 events…
Here are some of the game’s more notable features:
AUTHENTICITY: A DEEPER DRIVING FEEL
• The new physics model offers the most realistic car dynamics ever.
• The sun is not always shining in GT Racing 2: our tracks have different times of day and weather conditions.
• Race your way by choosing among 4 different cameras, including a breathtaking interior view!
• No repair times and no repair costs! We won’t make you wait or pay to race in an event again.
EXPERIENCE: ENJOY THE RIDE SOLO OR IN MULTIPLAYER
• Compete with your friends or with players from all over the world. Earn the fastest time on each race of Multi mode!
• Join Teams to play with other drivers and accomplish common goals.
• New racer? Turn on Steering & Braking Assistance to get up to speed in a flash!
• Veteran driver? Tweak your performance in the garage with tons of custom options!
And of course, your customary launch trailer:
From my short time with GT Racing 2, I have to say that it’s impressive. The graphics are gorgeous, and the gameplay is fast and smooth (iPhone 5s). And thanks to the new physics model, driving seems fairly realistic.
My only problem with the title so far is that it’s free-to-play. This doesn’t usually bother me, as it’s pretty common nowadays, but it looks particularly taxing here. I’m constantly asked to upgrade my car’s engine and such.
Anyway, I still think it’s worth trying out, especially for the folks who don’t like other racers like Asphalt 8 or Real Racing 3. If you’re interested, you can find GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience in the App Store for free.
Have you tried GT Racing 2 yet? What’d you think?