Right now is a great time to be a sports fan. College and pro football are in full swing, and we’re on the verge of post-season Major League Baseball and the beginning of the 2013-14 basketball season.
And with so much going on, it’s nice to have a sports app around to help you keep up with everything. And while there are several, Yahoo is hoping its big 4.2 update for Sportacular Pro will win you over…
Here are the 4.2 release notes:
– Redesigned with more content, stats and iPad support.
– Sign in to Yahoo to save your favorite teams across web and mobile devices.
– View your Yahoo Fantasy Football player stats on game details.
– New breaking news alerts for the most important stories in sports.
– iOS7 fixes for favorites, alerts and picks. You may need to reset your favorites if you have already upgraded to iOS7.
NOTE: Facebook chat is no longer supported.
Having played with Sportacular Pro both before and after the update, I’m still not convinced it’s worth the $5 price tag. ESPN has a solid free offering, and Yahoo’s own free ‘Sports’ app is plenty capable.
Still, if you’re invested into Yahoo’s ecosystem, the update is worth grabbing—iPad and single sign-in support are great. For those interested, you can find Sportacular Pro in the App store for $4.99.