Popular note-taking and all around productivity app Evernote has posted a solid update for its iOS client today. The update brings the app to version 5.4 and brings about a number of new features including shortcuts, Skitch Integration, and more.
For folks unfamiliar with Skitch, it’s a screenshot editing and sharing utility for both iOS and Mac that allows users to add shapes and text to an image, and then share it online. And with today’s update, users can access the app from within Evernote…
Here’s the full change log for 5.4:
- Add Shortcuts on your iOS device; sync to access them anywhere
– Mark up images, PDFs, and entire notes with Skitch integration
– See notes you recently viewed along the bottom of any note
– Premium users: view Related Notes at the bottom of their notes
– Get the latest news and updates from Evernote in the Announcements section
– Submit a support request from directly within the app
I’m not a huge Evernote user—I’ve never managed to fit it into my daily workflow—but I’m impressed with today’s update. I particularly like the new shortcuts feature, which is perfect for power users as it allows you to quickly access your favorite notes.
The update is a no-brainer for frequent Evernote and Skitch users, but I think it’s worth casual users checking out. As usual, you can find the latest version of the app, for both the iPhone and the iPad, in the App Store for free. Don’t have Skitch? Get it here.