True to its promise, French developer Gameloft today unleashed a massive content update to the fourth installment of its popular wartime shooter franchise, Modern Combat. The ‘Meltdown’ content pack, as they’re calling it, is of course free to players who’ve previously purchased the game.
The download brings with it three new maps, two new weapons – the portable 40mm Thor GLP grenade launcher and the SFS CTK-12 sniper rifle - two new game modes, a brand new Demolition specialization and a whole host of goodies aimed at balancing the gameplay…
Check out a quick trailer below.
The update packs quite a punch, per release notes:
3 new maps
- Fracture: Barcelona Train Station
- Extraction: Antarctica Research Facility
- Backfire: Barcelona Streets
New Demolition specialization with 7 new perks
- Ammo Pack: Carry 50% more ammunition
- Dedication: Dying from explosions doesn’t reset your streak
- Readied Shot: Crouch to boost accuracy
- One Last Thing: Drop a grenade whenever you die
- Gun Expert: Increase reload speed
- Sentry: Place sinister traps
- Paragon Destroyer: Trigger deadly explosions when shooting machinery
2 new weapons
- SFS CTK-12 – Charbtek Special Forces Sniper Rifle
- 40mm Thor GLP – Grenade Launcher Pistol
2 new team multiplayer modes
- Bomb Squad: Attackers must plant a bomb and make sure it goes off before the defenders can defuse it
- Destruction: Attackers must sabotage a series of devices while the defenders must stop them cold
- Edit your signature to display your clan prefix
- Random quick match: Play a ranked game in the first mode available
- Turkish language support
- Many balancing changes
Download the massive 1.58GB Meltdown update free from the App Store.
This content pack is coming “very soon” to Android.
If you don’t care about Modern Combat 4, keep your eyes peeled for Modern Combat 5, due later this year.