Popular Apple TV 2 jailbreak software, aTV Flash (black), has been updated to version 2.0.1, and brings multiple bug fixes, along with improvements to trak.tv features, and nested favorites.
aTV Flash (black) is popular, because it allows you to quickly add many new features to a jailbroken Apple TV 2 in one fell swoop. It also features a built in maintenance mode for easily updating to the latest version.
Take a look inside for the full change log…
- Improved trakt.tv syncing and scrobbling
- Improved handling of nested favorites
- Resolved issues with DRM file playback
- Resolved SMB related conflicts with XBMC
- Resolved minor conflict with Plex
- Resolved rare issue with thumbnail loading
- Resolved minor issue observed when clearing metadata
- Resolved a number of rare crashes
- Resolved issue that caused some music files to appear in ‘Other’ section
- Enabled playlist option for top level music folder
Obviously version 2.0.1 is a supplementary release to the major 2.0 release, but it’s of course recommended for all aTV Flash (black) users. If the added improvements and bug fixes sound good to you, then you can easily update to the latest version using the Maintenance > Manage Extras option via the Apple TV interface.
Sadly, for you Apple TV 3 owners, there’s still no jailbreak, and there’s no definite sign if and when there will be one.
Want to know about a great app? Try Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.