I’ve really gotten into iPhoneography within the last couple months and my most used app for processing images is without a doubt Snapseed. Available as a universal download in the App Store, Snapseed hadn’t been updated for the iPad Retina display until today.
But Retina display support isn’t the only new addition in this updated version…
The other star feature in this update is Instagram sharing. From now on, no more need to close Snapseed to launch and upload your image to Instagram as it is available right from the sharing menu. By the way, you may want to folow me on Instagram. I’m @SebastienPage.
What else is new in Snapseed?
- Square is the new square—Speaking of Instagram, we squashed the bug that caused some odd lines appearing in images cropped as 1:1. Square images will be truly square now, we promise!
- Beefed up Black & White—We love monochrome a lot, having developed the world’s leading professional black and white software in Silver Efex Pro. Snapseed gets even more of that mojo with new algorithms and color filters for superior enhancements and control. Plus, presets will help you get started faster
- Center Focus magic—Taking a cue from our professional filters product, Color Efex Pro, we’ve improved Center Focus to make it even more powerful. You can now draw attention to the subject of your photo by adjusting the brightness of the inside or outside of your image. You can enhance the overall effect by blurring, or turn it completely off to create vignette effects with ease. Oh, and did we mention that we’ve added presets to give you a starting point and save time?
- More crop fun—The Crop tool now includes 7:5 aspect ratio for all of you 5×7 printers out there
- Salam to all of our friends in Arabic speaking countries, we now support Arabic!
- Olá to everyone in Brazil, Snapseed is now in Brazilian Portuguese
You can download Snapseed in the App Store for $4.99. If you’re into iPhone photography and don’t app this app yet, then you’re missing out.