As pointed out by 9to5mac, Adobe has just released its new Adobe Photoshop Touch for iPad app to the iTunes App Store. The new app will allow you to make basic adjustments to your photos.
If you’re familiar with the desktop version of Photoshop, you’ll notice this is a little more stripped down, but very useful for editing together a great photo. Photoshop Touch includes basic features that will allow you to add filters, make adjustments, and add layers. You can also use your iPad’s camera to take pictures and directly import them in.
Adobe Photoshop Touch for iPad features:
- Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
- Use your iPad camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
- Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
- Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
- Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
- Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you’d like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
- Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects.
- Upload projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS5.
- Maximum image resolution: 1600 x 1600 pixels
Photoshop Touch features a bit of social networking, letting you post your photos to Facebook and view the comments made on those photos, directly within the app. You can also import photos easily from Google Image Search, to edit to your heart’s desire.
Exclusive to its iPad app, Adobe has introduced a new Scribble Selection Tool that lets you extract parts of an image you no longer want to keep. Simply scribble over the element and Photoshop Touch will take care of the rest.
You can purchase Adobe Photoshop Touch for iPad from the iTunes App Store for $9.99. It’s worth noting that the app is iPad 2 exclusive. Adobe also makes available Adobe Photoshop Express for iPhone users.
What do you think?