The AltStore team is out with a fresh update for its popular AltStore and AltServer sideloading software for iPhones and iPads, and it’s now available for all users.
In an announcement Tweet, the team described the update as version 1.5.1 with a plethora of bug fixes and improvements that are sure to shine up the user experience.
Citing the change log, these software updates provide the following improvements:
- Fixes an issue with using Apple IDs that contain capital letters
- Fixes an issue with using Apple IDs that utilize two-factor authentication without any trusted devices
- Fixes an issue where users may be repeatedly asked to sign in after every refresh
- Fixes an issue where users might see “incorrect Apple ID or password” error messages after changing their Apple ID email address
- Fixes an issue where users might see “application is missing application identifier” error messages when sideloading or deactivating certain apps
- Fixes a potential crash when receiving unknown error codes from AltStore
- And many more error-related fixes
Users can find the AltStore update by launching the AltStore app on their iPhone or iPad. Conversely, users can find the AltServer update by checking for updates on their Mac or Windows PC:
This update is recommended for all users, and those not already taking advantage of AltStore and AltServer for sideloading purposes can download the latest version of the software from the official website.
Have you downloaded the latest version of AltStore and AltServer yet? Be sure to let us know in the comments section down below.