The Apple TV+ science fiction saga “Foundation” is getting ten new cast members, with Apple providing a first look at the show’s upcoming second season.
- Apple’s announced ten new cast members for the second season of “Foundation”
- It’s also provided a first look at the show’s second season
- Apple TV+ renewed the show for a second season in October 2021
- “Foundation” Season 2 should start streaming sometime in 2022
Apple TV+ science fiction saga “Foundation” gains 10 new cast members in Season 2
Renewed for a second season, “Foundation” is being produced for Apple by Skydance Television. If you haven’t watched the show yet, it chronicles the stories of “four crucial individuals transcending space and time as they overcome deadly crises, shifting loyalties and complicated relationships that will ultimately determine the fate of humanity.”
According to the official announcement on the Apple TV+ Press website, new stars joining the cast of “Foundation” for season two include these names:
- Isabella Laughland as Brother Constant, a cheerfully confident cleric whose job is to evangelize the Church of the Galactic Spirit across the Outer Reach. Constant is a true believer, whose courage and passion make her hard not to love.
- Kulvinder Ghir as Poly Verisof, High Cleric of the Church of the Galactic Spirit. Whip-smart and sardonic, he’s also a terrible drunk — intelligent enough to see the path he’s on, but too cynical to change.
- Sandra Yi Sencindiver as Enjoiner Rue, the beautiful, politically savvy consigliere to Queen Sareth. A former courtesan to Cleon the 16th, Rue parlayed her status to become a royal counselor.
- Ella-Rae Smith as Queen Sareth of Cloud Dominion. Used to being underestimated, Sareth employs it to her advantage, charming her way into the Imperial Palace with biting wit, all while on a secret quest for revenge.
- Dimitri Leonidas as Hober Mallow, a master trader with a sarcastic personality and questionable morals, is summoned against his will to serve a higher, selfless cause.
- Ben Daniels as Bel Roise, the last great general of the Superliminal Fleet and would-be conqueror of the Foundation. Bel is noble to a fault, but his fealty to the Galactic Empire is waning.
- Holt McCallany as Warden Jaegger Fount, the current Warden of Terminus and guardian of its citizens against external threats.
- Mikael Persbrandt as The Warlord of Kalgan, a monster of a man, coiled with muscle and possessing powerful psychic abilities, and fueled by hate in his quest to take over the galaxy.
- Rachel House as Tellem Bond, the mysterious leader of the Mentallics.
- Nimrat Kaur as Yanna Seldon.
The show’s current stars from the first season—Jared Harris, Lee Pace, Lou Llobell, Leah Harvey, Laura Birn, Terrence Mann and Cassian Bilton—will continue their roles in the second season. Read: New movies and shows coming to Apple TV+ in February 2022
When will Apple TV+ stream “Foundation” Season 2?
Apple has not yet announced a streaming date for “Foundation” Season 2.
We think “Foundation” will resume in 2022 because this show is one of the staples of Apple TV+ programming. Moreover, the show will require a few more seasons beyond just two. As we reported earlier, there could be more than 80 episodes in the show’s lifespan.
How about a companion podcast?
Apple continues to attach dedicated podcasts to some of the shows on Apple TV+.
“Foundation” is no exception. With the entire first season now available on Apple Podcasts, “Foundation: The Official Podcast” is—you guessed right—a companion podcast to the sci-fi saga. The podcast is produced by Pineapple Street Studios with Max Linsky, Jenna Weiss-Berman and Bari Finkel serving as executive producers.