Looking for a way to bring some of macOS Big Sur’s design language to your jailbroken iPhone or iPad? If so, then you’re in luck because iOS developer MTAC has just released a new and free jailbreak tweak called Are You Sur? that does exactly that.
As depicted in the screenshot examples above, Are You Sur? gives all of your alert and prompt interfaces a macOS Big Sur inspired makeover.
The biggest takeaway that we see with Are You Sur? will be the redesigned option buttons, which are subtly paired with a background blur that attracts your focus right to the buttons, where it belongs.
Are You Sur? works with a bevy of different pop-up alerts and prompts including but not limited to:
- When installing/uninstalling tweaks via Cydia
- When being promoted to turn Airplane Mode off
- When deleting an app from the Home Screen
- And so much more…
Another great thing about Are You Sur? is that the tweak is highly configurable. Got a preferred color scheme in mind? That’s no problem as the preference pane you’re about to see below has all the bases covered:
Here, you can:
- Toggle Are You Sur? on or off on demand
- Configure a blacklist that prevents Are You Sur? from applying to certain cases
- Enable and select a custom action button color
- Enable and select a custom cancel button color
- Toggle the full-screen blur effect on or off
- Override the sheet style of the alert or prompt if there is one
The developer provides an Apply button at the top right of the preference pane that appears as a check mark. Users should use this button after making changes to the preference pane to ensure that all changes are appended.
Albeit not a carbon copy of macOS Big Sur’s alert and prompt UI, Are You Sur? has the right spirit and a whole lot of customization to take it a long way.
Those interested in giving Are You Sur? a try can download the tweak for free from MTAC’s personal repository via their favorite package manager app. The tweak supports jailbroken iOS & iPadOS 13 and 14 devices.
If you don’t already have MTAC’s personal repository loaded into your preferred package manager app, then you can add it right now with the following URL:
What are your thoughts about Are You Sur? Be sure to let us know in the comments section down below.