One of the more interesting products Apple unveiled today was the new iPhone 12 mini. It’s almost identical to the iPhone 12, but it has a smaller 5.4-inch display, a smaller overall footprint, and a slightly cheaper price tag. Here are some other things you may not have known about the incoming handset.
Our resident videographer Harris Craycraft put together a nice little recap video regarding the iPhone 12 mini, including 10 things you need to know about the smartphone.
iPhone 12 mini: 10 things you need to know
- IP68 water resistance rated for 6 meters and 30 minutes.
- Bigger screen than the iPhone SE but much smaller all around size and dimensions
- Weird pricing: AT&T and Verizon have normal prices, but Sprint and T-Mobile and SIM Free are $30 more
- FaceTime HD 1080p over 5G and WiFi
- As with other new iPhone models, the charging cube and EarPods are not included in the box anymore.
- Also as with other new iPhones, wireless charging has been greatly improved with the new MagSafe connector.
- New camera features, including dual Ultra Wide and Wide angle lenses.
- The iPhone 12 mini has slightly worse battery life than the iPhone 12.
- The iPhone 12 mini has a higher pixel density than the other new iPhones (due to smaller display)
- It comes with 64GB of storage, with options for 128GB for an extra $50 or 256GB for $150 more.
What is your favorite thing about the new iPhone 12 mini?