Gamers and full-screen app users alike share the likelihood of benefiting from the likes of a newly released and free jailbreak tweak dubbed PerfectGrabber by iOS developer Netskao.
PerfectGrabber makes it easier to determine the time and your current battery level by incorporating them directly into the Notification Center grabber that traditionally appears when you pull down from the top of the display in a full-screen app, including but not limited to games.
All of this information is usually two swipes away when using either of the aforementioned app types, but with PerfectGrabber, it’s only ever one swipe away. The information appears as depicted in the screenshot example above.
Once installed, PerfectGrabber adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app where users can configure a few different settings to their liking:
Here, you can:
- Toggle PerfectGrabber on or off on demand
- Enable or disable haptic feedback
- Enable or disable 24-hour time format
- Configure a custom text color
- Configure a custom grabber background color
- Choose a preferred display style:
- Time and battery percentage
- Time only
- Battery percentage only
- Choose a preferred font style:
- Configure a preferred font size (14 pt by default)
- Reset all options to their defaults
- Respring to save any changes you make
If you don’t use a lot of full-screen apps, then you probably won’t need PerfectGrabber because all the information that it puts front and center already appears in the Status Bar. That said, it’s a serious improvement over the factory implementation, and I really think Apple should take some notes with regard to this idea.
Those interested in trying PrefectGrabber can download the tweak for free from the BigBoss repository via their favorite package manager. PerfectGrabber supports jailbroken iOS 13 devices.
Will you be giving PerfectGrabber a try? Share why or why not in the comments section below.