A quick glance at the Status Bar of your iPhone is the quickest way to discern how much of a battery charge you’ve got left. But let’s say you use a jailbreak tweak that hides this information from the Status Bar – what could you use in its place?
Enter Cenamo, a newly released and free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Thomz that transforms your Home Screen’s Dock into a dynamic battery level display. As depicted in the screenshot examples above, Cenamo fills the Dock’s native background with colors to depict your current battery situation.
On a device with a normal Status Bar setup, the information would feel a little redundant; but it’s still fun to look at nonetheless. Furthermore, the tweak supports both types of Docks currently used on iPhones, including the rectangular design on older Home Button iPhones and the floating design on newer notched iPhones.
One thing you’ll observe right out of the box is that Cenamo uses situation-based coloring to help you identify your current battery situation at a glance. Those include:
- Normal battery level: White
- Low battery level: Red
- Charging battery: Green
- Low Power Mode: Yellow
The aforementioned colors can be customized if you prefer to use different colors, but they’re intended to match the Status Bar’s battery icon out of the box.
Cenamo adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app where you can configure it to your liking:
Here, you can:
- Toggle Cenamo on or off on demand
- Choose a battery coloring style:
- Battery level – colors the Dock like a loading indicator, just like the Status Bar icon
- Battery state – colors the entire Dock a solid color depending on the state of your battery
- Configure a custom alpha level for the battery colorization
- Toggle battery colors on or off on demand
- Hide the colorization when the battery is fully charged
- Adjust the corner radius
- Hide the background view
- Adjust the color selections for the following battery states:
- Low Battery
- Low Power Mode
- Reset all settings to their defaults
- Enable a custom battery level percentage for testing purposes
The developer provides a Respring button at the top right of the preference pane to save any changes you make on demand.
If you’re perfectly satisfied with the Status Bar’s battery level indicator, then hey, more power to you. If, however, you want to make your Home Screen more interesting or hide the Status Bar’s battery level indicator and replace it with an entirely different system, the Cenamo is definitely a great way to go. The tweak can even work in tandem with the Status Bar’s battery level indicator if you don’t mind seeing the same information twice.
Those interested in trying Cenamo can download the tweak for free from the Chariz repository via their favorite package manager. The tweak supports jailbroken iOS 11, 12, and 13 devices.
Do you plan to customize your iPhone’s Dock with Cenamo? Let us know why or why not in the comments section below.