At the start of the month, we showed you a jailbreak tweak called PinHeads by iOS developer Ahmad that ported iOS 14’s conversation pinning capabilities in the Messages app to pwned iOS 13 devices. It was such a hit in the jailbreak community that we quickly saw competing tweak releases aiming to bring the same functionality to users’ handsets. Unfortunately, conversation pinning for third-party messaging apps seemed to be largely ignored… at least until now.
PinHeads WhatsApp is another new jailbreak tweak, also by iOS developer Ahmad, that brings iOS 14-esque conversation pinning capabilities to the third-party WhatsApp Messenger app. As shown in the screenshot examples above and below, the interface is heavily inspired by iOS 14’s native implementation, and as you might come to expect, the tweak’s behavior can be configured depending on the user’s own personal preferences.
Right off the bat, it should be noted that PinHeads WhatsApp incorporates the following features:
- Vertical and horizontal pinned conversations layouts
- Configure how many columns appear in the vertical layout
- View the number of missed messages via a dedicated badge
- Have as many pinned conversations as you want
- Native support for both iPhones and iPads
- Native support for group chats in addition to one-on-one chats
- Hide or up hide pinned chats from the regular conversation list
- Automatically center pinned chats when the pin bar isn’t full
- Easily launch or unpin a conversation from the pinned conversations area
Once installed, PinHeads WhatsApp adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app where users can configure a few options:
Here, you can:
- Enable the vertical PinHeads layout
- Adjust the number of allowed columns
- Make pinned heads smaller
- Enable centered heads
- Hide pinned conversations from the conversation list
PinHeads WhatsApp is a great way to augment an already great third-party WhatsApp Messenger app with features that it’d be better with than without. Best of all, those who prefer WhatsApp over Apple’s native iMessage service because of the platform’s support for multiple operating systems will enjoy a feature that Apple would otherwise keep all to themselves in iMessage if it weren’t for this tweak making the feature available for WhatsApp Messenger users.
Those interested in trying PinHeads WhatsApp can purchase the tweak for $1.49 from the Dynastic Repo repository via their preferred package manager. The tweak supports jailbroken iOS 13 devices and necessitates that you have the official WhatsApp Messenger app installed from the App Store to be used. Please be advised, however, that it is possible for a WhatsApp Messenger app update to break this tweak.
Do you plan to instate iOS 14-style conversation pinning in your WhatsApp Messenger app interface with WhatsApp PinHeads? Let us know why or why not in the comments section below.