I like to use Spotify more than Apple Music, and for jailbreakers who are in the same boat as I am, it’s always exciting when new jailbreak tweaks get released with a primary focus of improving the Spotify app experience.
As you might have inferred from the tweak’s name, Improvify quite literally improves the Spotify Music app’s user experience. Among the things it can do for you are:
- Add a quick-add button to the Now Playing view for adding songs to your playlists
- Add a quick-delete gesture to your playlists so you don’t have to navigate menus
- Display the number of times you’ve listened to a song in the artists view
- Double-tap the title of a playlist to retrieve its unique URI
- Suppress annoying ‘Rate Me’ alerts
- Disable song background videos
- Remove Genius facts and lyrics from your Now Playing interface
- And much more…
Upon installing Improvify, you’ll find a dedicated preference pane in the Settings app where you can configure the tweak to your liking:
Here, you can:
- Toggle the ‘add to playlist’ button on or off on demand
- Designate the preferred playlist by pasting the unique URI (copiable via the gesture above)
- Configure a customized playlist button color
- Toggle quick-delete gesture on or off on demand
- Configure a long-press duration for the quick-delete gesture
- Hide or show the number of times you’ve played a song
- Tinker with miscellaneous settings:
- Suppress the ‘Rate Me’ alert
- Disable song videos
- Disable Genius facts and Lyrics
- Reset song play history
The developer provides a Kill Spotify button at the bottom of the preference pane, and you’re advised to use this any time you make changes to the tweak’s settings to ensure they take effect.
As far as Improvify is concerned, it seems to provide several features that Spos does not, and vice-versa. For that reason, it’s challenging to recommend one over the other; instead, we suggest identifying what you expect out of the Spotify app and select your preferred tweak based on their provided feature sets.
If you’re interested in trying Improvify, then you can download it for free from the Packix repository in Cydia or Sileo. The tweak supports all jailbroken iOS 11 and 12 devices running Spotify version 8.5.7 from the App Store.
What was your favorite feature mentioned from Improvify? Let us know in the comments section below!