If you own a HomePod, then you already know that it’s more than just a fancy speaker. You can use HomePod and Siri to set up timers while you cook, get the local weather, and catch up on your favorite sports teams.
So, if you need to translate a language, of course, Siri can help. Here’s how to use Siri to translate on your HomePod.
Ask Siri to translate for you
If you need to communicate in another language, just speak to Siri on your HomePod. You can use simply commands like those below.
- “Hey Siri, how do you say ‘thank you’ in German?”
- “Hey Siri, translate ‘hello’ to French?”
- “Hey Siri, what’s the word for ‘good-bye’ in Spanish?”
Siri can translate many languages including Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, and French. You can check out the Siri: Translations website for a complete list.
Do more with HomePod
For other ways to use your HomePod, take a look at these how-tos.
- How to change the language and Siri’s voice on HomePod
- How to use your HomePod with your Apple TV
- How to set and manage alarms on HomePod
- How to transfer iPhone calls to your HomePod
- How to enable and use VoiceOver on HomePod on iOS and Mac
Wrapping it up
The next time you need a quick translation, just ask Siri with your HomePod and you’re set. What types of things do you use your HomePod for the most? Let us know in the comments below or ping us on Twitter.