Texas-based developer Aspyr Media announced today that it’s ported Call of Duty: Black Ops III, developed by Treyarch and published on Windows by Activision, over to the Mac platform.
The game combines three gameplay modes: Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. To celebrate the launch, the Call of Duty franchise is on sale on Steam, including Black Ops III. All the content from the Windows edition of Black Ops III is available in the Mac version.
The following versions are available:
- $15 Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack: This is a multiplayer-only version of the game with limited content.
- $60 Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Edition: This is the full game that includes the Chronicles expansion with 8 classic, fully-remastered Zombies maps.
- $100 Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Deluxe Edition: The full base game, pljus Season Pass, Zombies Chronicles and additional bonus digital content:
- Giant bonus map: Re-live the chaos of Treyarch’s classic “Der Riese” Zombies map, picking up the Zombies story with Dempsey, Nikolai, Richtofen and Takeo where Origins left off.
- 3 personalization packs: Fan favorite Cyborg & Weaponized 115 packs along with a new Black Ops 3 pack. Each pack comes with a weapon camo, reticles and calling card.
- Zombies Chronicles: This expansion delivers eight remastered classic maps from Call of Duty: World at War, Black Ops and Black Ops II.
And now, watch the Mac launch trailer I’ve embedded below.
Here are the minimum system requirements:
- OS: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
- CPU: Intel Core i5 (4 cores)
- CPU speed: 2.3 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 150 GB
- GPU: ATI M295X with 2GB of VRAM
- VRAM: 2 GB
GPUs from Nvidia and Intel’s integrated graphics are unsupported.