Hacker and unc0ver lead developer Pwn20wnd pushed the 39th beta to the unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release on Sunday for public testing with a whole truckload of bug fixes and improvements.
The update was announced this afternoon via Twitter, linking to Pwn20wnd’s official GitHub repository with a full changelog detailing what’s new in the update:
Citing the changelog, Sunday’s revision encompasses the ensuing changes:
03/03/2019 – v3.0.0~b39 was released for public testing with the following changes:
– Make it install NoBetaAlert only if the device is running a beta firmware and remove if it is not
– Make it install LetMeBlock only if the device is running iOS 12.0 or higher and remove if it is not
– Improve the nvram patch to increase the performance of the jailbreak
– Add more code for debugging possible issues
– Fix Clear Diagnostics Data
– Fix a kernel memory leak
– Update the offsets cache to not cache an unused offset
– Dump the nvram variables list
– Fix jailbreaking after a unsuccessful bootstrap extraction
– Reload mDNSResponder before backboardd when loading tweaks without enabling Reload System Daemons
– Update the APT lists cache file for repositories
– Update the local APT repo
Notably, the unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release is still a beta, and while it might be tempting to hop onboard right now, we’d strongly advise waiting for the official public release to prevent any possible bugs from manifesting. At the time of this writing, A12 aren’t yet supported, but that’s expected to change after full 4K support is completed.
Those already jailbroken on iOS 12 with the unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release are advised to download and run this update as soon as possible to take full advantage of the new features and improvements.
The latest public release of the unc0ver jailbreak tool is v2.2.6 with support for iOS 11.0-11.4 beta 4 – the unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release is the only iteration that supports iOS 11.4-11.4.1. Both versions of the unc0ver jailbreak tool can be had from Pwn20wnd’s official GitHub repository.
Did you notice any improvements to your jailbreak after running unc0ver v3.0.0 beta 39? Share in the comments section below.