Anyone with a jailbroken device should know very well what the respring screen looks like. Depending on the version of iOS you’ve pwned, it might display the Apple logo or merely a black background with a white loading circle.
If you’re looking for a way to customize the respring screen, then a free jailbreak tweak called Gif2Ani V2 by iOS developers MightnightChips and Wizages is a great place to start.
Just as the name implies, Gif2Ani V2 applies an animated GIF image of your choice to the respring screen on your jailbroken handset.
The tweak adds a preference pane to the Settings app where you can configure its options to your liking:
Among the things you can tinker with are:
- Toggle the tweak on or off on demand
- Choose a GIF image from your Photo Library
- Convert Springy Pack and Movies to GIF images
- Choose how many times the GIF image repeats during the respring process
- Choose the duration of the GIF during the respring process
- Configure the size and aspect ratio of the GIF image as it’s displayed
- Choose an adaptive color to complement the animated GIF background
The concept behind Gif2Ani V2 isn’t new; we previously showed you a tweak called YouRespring that accomplished nearly the same task, but Gif2Ani V2 brings a few additional options to the table. That said, you can likely expect better results with the latter.
If Gif2Ani V2 sounds like something you’d like to try on your device, then you can download it for free from Cydia’s Dynastic repository. The tweak works with all jailbroken iOS 11 devices.
What animated GIF will you choose to be your new respring screen? Share with us in the comments section below.