Safari is the flagship web browser that comes pre-installed on every one of Apple’s devices, and as it would seem, iOS’ flavor of Safari supports a bevy of useful internal features that aren’t accessible to the end user.
A new jailbreak tweak dubbed SafariUnleashed PRO by iOS developer Rishanan unlocks these features, enabling every jailbreaker to access web browsing features that augment the experience on Apple’s iOS devices.
The screenshots above depict a few examples of the functionality SafariUnleashed PRO brings to the table, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
SafariUnleashed PRO adds a preference pane to the Settings app where you can toggle Safari’s internal settings individually:
Among the features you can enable here are:
- iPad-style gridded tabs on iPhone
- Automatic Reader mode for web pages
- Full-screen mode
- Force websites not to track you
- Enable background media playback from Safari
- Display the full URL rather than a website description in the search bar
- Toggle a flat-style navigation bar
- Hide the search indicator from view
- Hide the lock icon on secure websites
- Hide the Reader mode button from view
- Enable unlimited Safari tabs
- Close all open Safari tabs when the app is force-closed
- Disable the Safari loading bar
- Disable the website-based navigation gestures
- Force always-on private browsing mode
- Disable App Store redirect confirmation pop-ups
- And more…
At face value, SafariUnleashed PRO appears to be a great way to get the most out of Apple’s mobile Safari web browser, and we’re sure you’ll feel the same way after giving it a shot.
If you’re interested in trying SafariUnleashed PRO for yourself, then you can download it for $1.00 from Cydia’s Packix repository. The tweak works on jailbroken iOS 10 and 11 devices.
Will you be installing SafariUnleashed PRO on your handset? Let us know in the comments section below.