On December 6, 2017, Apple released macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 to the public following a month of testing. The free software update brought under-the-hood enhancements, but no new user features or other outward-facing changes were added in the release.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 is available for all Mac computer models that are compatible with High Sierra and can be downloaded from Mac App Store’s Updates tab. If you need the full installer, it’s a 4.8-gibayte download via Mac App Store or Apple.com.
Here’s what’s included in this macOS update.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 release notes
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update improves the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. It contains the following fixes and improvements for individual users:
- Improves compatibility with certain third-party USB audio devices
- Improves VoiceOver navigation when viewing PDF documents in Preview
- Improves compatibility of Braille displays with Mail
It also includes the following enterprise content:
- Improves performance when using credentials stored in the keychain to access SharePoint websites that use NTLM authentication
- Resolves an issue that prevented the Mac App Store and other processes invoked by Launch Daemons from working on networks that use proxy information defined in a PAC file
- If you change your Active Directory user password outside of Users & Groups preferences, the new password can now be used to unlock your FileVault volume (previously, only the old password would unlock the volume)
- Improves compatibility with SMB home directories when the share point contains a dollar sign in its name
This software update is recommended for all Macs running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1.
For all other systems running macOS High Sierra, you’re advised to install macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 using the Software Update mechanism in Mac App Store.
Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas.
For details, visit Apple’s official macOS Feature Availability webpage. For detailed information on the security content of macOS high Sierra 10.13.2, read the official support document.