iOS 11 is still a bit away from its public release this fall, but as we approach that deadline, betas are now starting to roll out closer and closer to one another.
iOS beta 6 has just been released and it is full of small tweaks and optimizations.
In our short time with it, it’s clear that everything is starting to look much more polished than it has been in weeks past, as evidenced by our hands-on video walkthrough embedded below.
Hands-on with iOS 11 beta 6
The biggest visual changes here in beta 6 include revamped icons for App Store and Apple Maps (now featuring the new Apple Park headquarters) along with a fixed Reminders icon with bullet points back on the left instead of the right.
There is also a nice animation for AirPods that you can see when opening the case near your phone. To see that animation, and everything else new, check out the full video below.
Check out the full list of changes covered in the video:
- Bullet posts on the Reminders icon are now oriented correctly
- Redesigned App Store icon
- Numbers on the Clock icon are slightly bolder
- New app icon in the Messages app
- Splash screen for Photos for new features
- Fish live wallpapers have been removed from Settings
- Auto-Brightness moved from Display & Brightness to Display Accommodations
- New AirPods animation when you open the case near your phone
- New zoom-in animation when unlocking the device
- When playing audio through Bluetooth, Control Center toggle turns blue
iOS 11 is schedule to release this fall.
Post your own findings
Did we miss anything?
Let us know in the comments and we’ll update the list!