As Fruit Ninja and the rest of Halfbrick’s lineup of paid iOS games has gone free for a limited time, the company on Friday released a brand new iPhone and iPad game in the App Store. Top Farm, a would-be FarmVille killer, actually soft-launched in select markets a year ago and it’s now available worldwide.
A free-to-play download, Top Farm is a farm simulation game created by Brazil-based studio Vostu in which you must harvest crops, craft goods and explore new colorful and vibrant lands.
Farm management includes building, decorating and expanding your property, fulfilling orders and selling your organic products to some pretty eccentric neighbors, ensuring that your machines are powered by clean energy and more. All told, there’s a huge number of crops, animals, buildings and other items included in the game.
If you like FarmVille, chances are you may as well enjoy playing Top Farm. Here, check out the promotional trailer below.
As the video indicates, Top Farm hopes to distinguish itself from similar games by putting emphasis on exploring the peace and prosperity of a land in tune with nature.
As mentioned above, powering the tools necessary for producing organic foods requires that your farm utilize only solar and wind energy while taking care of that digital carbon footprint.
“Farms also have recycling plants to ensure all waste will be used for good, either turned into new products or organic fertilizer,” Halfback said. As a bonus, developers are promising a range of new content and features on a regular basis.
- Ready to play offline (Internet connection required only for the first session).
- Fantastic 3D farming experience.
- Easy, fun and FREE to play.
- Harvest and craft fresh organic products.
- Power your crafting machines with 100 percent clean energy.
- Sell your products, fulfill orders and make your business prosper.
- Meet thy neighbor. Ten eccentric characters are dying to buy your products.
- Explore new territories to unlock hidden features such as the Train Station and the Lake.
- Let the world know the quality of your goods! Unlock the Pier and export your produce.
- Build, decorate and expand your property.
- Login with Facebook and save your progress even if you change your device.
The 88.2-megabyte app requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 4.3 or later and contains optional In-App Purchases of in-game currency.