Good news, Readability fans! Your favorite read-later service on Thursday received a refresh enabling native display support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus so you can see more article contents with less scrolling.
This is a big deal for mobile apps that focus on content consumption: as you know, iOS 8 blows up non-optimized apps to fill the new screen sizes, resulting in fuzzy appearance and enlarged content as opposed to seeing more of it.
The app, available free of charge, has also been optimized for iOS 8 with the Share sheet extension and other features outlined below.
After enabling the extension by tapping the Share sheet in any app and choosing “More” on the middle row, you’ll be able to send various pieces of content to Readability with ease in Safari or any other app that implements iOS 8’s Share sheet.
Readability 2.1.1 changelog:
- Full support for iOS 8, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
- Our new share extension! You can now add articles to your reading list from any app that supports the iOS share sheet
- Pixel perfect typography adjustments exclusively for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- The app will now start on your Reading List by default
- Various bug fixes and enhancements
The 11.6-megabyte universal app requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 7.1 or later. The iOS 8 Share sheet extension requires iOS 8.0 or later.