Attention gamers, Apple has just named ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rooftop Run‘ its App of the Week for this week. This means that through next Thursday, you’ll be able to pick up the game for both iPhone and iPad, for free—a sizable savings of $4.
TMNT fans will feel right at home in this endless-combat-runner. Set in New York, the game pits Leo, Donnie, Raph, Mikey and other unlockable characters against the Foot Clan and company, and players must run, jump, fight and even drive to save their city…
Here is some of what you’ll be doing in the game:
- Shake off enemies while driving Casey’s motorcycle, the Chopper
- Drive the Shellraiser through the streets of New York during vehicle mode
- Jump ramps, crush obstacles and tap to shoot the garbage cannon at oncoming enemies
- Battle hordes of baddies including the Foot Clan, Kraang, Dimension X and Baxter Stockman
- Activate Turtle Time to fight up close in a slow-motion combat sequence
- Outfit the Turtles in exclusive Cyber and Stealth gear
- Upgrade with weapons, gadgets, and boosts like the Laserbot and Turtle Saver
- Unlock and play as the Turtles’ formidable canine foe Dogpound
- Earn rewards from the pizza time mini-game
- Test your skills with new in-game challenges
And here is a video clip showing the game in action:
I was a Ninja Turtle fan when I was a kid, and am glad to see a renewed interest in the franchise. As for the game, it’s your standard endless runner with some unique features—slow-motion Turtle Time mode is pretty cool. It’s App Store rating is 3.5/5 stars.
If you’re interested, you can pick up Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rooftop Run in the App Store for free (through July 31). It’s worth noting, though, that the game offers quite a few in-app purchases, so just pay attention to who’s tapping what.