Flexibits’s Fantastical 2 for iOS has received a maintenance update this morning bringing several bug fixes, alongside a useful improvement to how the overlapping calendar events are handled.
Bringing the app up to version 2.0.7, the team has made changes to how it handles many overlapping events by improving your week view layout to fit more content while making the individual entries legible.
In addition, there are some bug fixes in Fantastical 2.0.7:
• Improved week view layout when showing many overlapping events
• Fixed a problem where alerts for reminders didn’t update when using Move or Duplicate
• Fixed a problem where posting to Facebook from a birthday wouldn’t work
• Fixed a problem where events in the week view could temporarily appear with the wrong color
• Various fixes and improvements
The versatile app lets you send text messages in WhatsApp and integrates with your iOS Calendar and Reminders accounts.
As a result, any calendar or reminder entries you add in Fantastical become immediately available to stock iOS apps or in any third-party software which reads data from your iOS accounts.
Both require iOS 7.0 or later.
The Mac edition of Fantastical, a $19.99 value, has not been updated with the aforementioned improvements and bug fixes and is currently sitting at version 1.3.15.
Flexibits released Fantastical for iPad in April and our own Sebastien has a nice overview of the many ways the tablet’s larger canvas improves upon your calendar and reminders experience.
You may also want to check out our list of Best Calendar apps for iPhone.