Baseball fans looking for a good sim on iOS will be happy to hear that one just landed in the App Store. It’s called ‘MLB Perfect Inning,’ by Gamevil, and it’s a console-quality simulator that’s been fully-licensed by Major League Baseball.
The game is about as full-featured as sports titles can get. You can draft, train and trade your favorite players to build the ultimate roster, and then take your team from batting practice to the post season. Keep reading for a full overview…
From the App Store description:
The developers of MLB Perfect Inning have proudly designed their player models by mirroring their real life counterparts as accurately as possible. A resulting 215 MLB Player Modeling System along with detailed 150 MLB Player motion capturing of 75 pitchers and 75 batters raise the standard of authenticity.
And some of the game’s top features:
- MLB licensing – all 30 MLB teams included, with a roster of 215 distinctly modeled players.
- Multiple game modes including batting practice, full-length seasons, and post-season play
- Play and save up to five seasons with an option to replay any season.
- AI Play – Let your team play on its own through an AI simulation.
- Chance Play – Intervene and play only at crucial moments.
- Attack Play – Play offense only.
- Full Play – Complete the entire match manually.
- Earn rewards – set and achieve season goals, complete missions, record achievements, and top the Team / Player MVP rankings. Reach each milestone and claim awesome rewards.
And here’s your gameplay video:
In my brief time with the game, I found it to be very impressive. It has a number of features, and the graphics are very sharp and life-like. The controls, though, will take some getting used to, and the menu system could be more intuitive.
Overall I think this is a solid title, worth checking out if you’re a baseball fan. You can find MLB Perfect Inning in the App Store, for both iPhone and iPad, for free. There are some IAPs, but I didn’t notice them much in initial gameplay.
Looking for more of an arcade baseball game? Check out R.B.I. Baseball 14.