Last month, Facebook released version 3.0 of its popular Messenger app. The update was significant because it featured an all-new UI design for the app, bringing its aesthetics more in line with those introduced by Apple in iOS 7.
Today, the client received another update, bringing it to version 3.1. This time Facebook added a few new convenience features that will allow you to access a person’s Timeline or call them (toll-free) by simply tapping on their picture…
From the App Store description page:
– Get to your messages without opening Facebook.
– Bring your conversations to life with stickers.
– Send photos privately.
– Have group conversations and make plans on the go.
– Text your phone contacts, even if you’re not Facebook friends.
– Share your location so people know when you’re nearby.
– Record voice messages.
– Make free calls, even to friends in other countries.
What’s New in Version 3.1
– Tap on someone’s profile picture in any conversation to view their Timeline or call for free.
– Bug fixes, including improved Japanese translations.
Facebook’s Messenger continues to run into stiff competition from other apps like WhatsApp and SnapChat. But the recent iOS 7 redesign has been well-received, and the app is currently ranked #4 in the US App Store’s Top Charts for free apps.
You can download the latest version of Facebook Messenger from the App Store for free.