Since the evasi0n jailbreak was released last week, we’ve seen a wave of tweak and package updates as developers rush to fix remaining iOS 6 bugs and add new features. Today, our favorite theme joins in; ayecon 1.3 is now available in Cydia.
The update is fairly significant, as it includes a number of additions and improvements. There’s a new dial pad (for iOS 6+ only) and new icons for apps like Google Maps and Netbot. We’ve got the full change log for ayecon 1.3 after the fold…
Ayecon 1.3 change log, via Surenix’s website:
- New phone dial pad (iOS 6 only)
- Auto-theme small App Store icons in Preference (not Cydia tweaks)
- Fixed 2×2 folder layout for iOS 5.1.1
- Fixed Siri theme/background
- Fixed Safari top bar with proper ayecon feel
- Fixed iPod lockscreen control bar
- Share media icons should work (if it doesn’t, you just need to clear your cache—which I don’t know how to do but all the files are in place)
- More icons added (ie. Google Maps, Mailbox, Netbot and more)
- I do hope this update will clear my inbox for me 🙂
My favorite thing about the update so far is the new phone dial pad. I think the darker-toned grey looks much better than the previous version—which I can hardly remember now. What was it, blue? Silver? At any rate, the new pad looks very sharp.
I also appreciate the fact that Surenix continues to add icons for new, popular apps. I don’t have Netbot, because I’m not sure I believe in App.Net as a platform yet. But I do have Mailbox and Google Maps, and I’m glad their icons now fit in with the others.
Finally, I hadn’t noticed any stability problems with the theme before updating. So I can’t speak to any of the bug fixes. But the new goodies alone are worth updating. Ayecon 1.3 is free for existing owners, and $2.99 in the BigBoss repo for everyone else.
What do you think of the new ayecon update?