Realmac Software has just released a new OS X version of its popular Clear to-do app. That’s right, the popular list-maker is now available for the Mac, and it includes a lot of the same gestures and UI stuff from the iOS version.
Speaking of the iOS version, Realmac also released a major update to its iPhone app yesterday. Clear 1.2 contains several new features including iCloud-syncing, which goes great with the new Mac app, quote sharing, and more…
Here’s the change log:
- Clear for iPhone + iCloud – you can now store your lists in iCloud, and access them on iOS as well as on your Mac! (Check out Clear for Mac, brand new on the Mac App Store!) Plus your unlocked themes are stored in iCloud too – so they’ll unlock on all your devices.
- Share Your Favorite Quotes – we noticed so many of you sharing your favorite quotes on Twitter and Facebook, so we’ve made it much easier and added a bunch more to keep you inspired.
- Quick List Switching – swipe from the edges of your device to change between Lists without having to use the menus!
- Paste Text as Lists – if you’ve got a list of things you need to do in an email, just copy them from Mail and give Clear a shake to paste in tasks.
- Send tasks to Clear from other apps – another favourite request, you can now create tasks in Clear from other apps such as Launch Center Pro.
While iCloud support is obviously the star of this update, the other new features are nice additions as well. I particularly like the last two mentioned: pasting lists into Clear, and sending tasks to Clear from other apps. They’re very convenient.
And the cool thing is that the developers added all of these features without fogging up the app’s clean UI that made it so popular in the first place. If you haven’t checked it out yet, I highly recommend it. You can find Clear in the App Store for $1.99.