Infinity Blade II, the sequel to the elegiac masterpiece that is Infinity Blade, launched last November. Having been updated with bug fixes and Retina iPad support, Chair Entertainment today rolled out a massive content updated called Vault of Tears that unlocks new areas, items, weapons and of course the inevitable “major secrets”…
The massive update weighs in at 1.2GB and is now available on the App Store as a universal binary that natively supports the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, the third- and fourth-generation iPod touch and iPads running iOS 4.0 or later.
Here, your release notes:
• delve further into the mysterious past of Siris, as new areas are unlocked and major secrets are revealed
• jump into battle and defeat new enemies! Featuring the Moss Golem, Lupun, Dark Fiend, Bog Giant, Acolyte, and more
• ‘X’ marks the spot! Find your hidden ally and discover secret items and rewards with the all-new Treasure Map feature
• more than 50 new items, including magic rings, weapons, shields, helmets, as well as armor to collect, master, and sell
• additional surprises await you with new Achievements, unique gems to forge, ClashMob updates, more!
Chair also hinted at a third free of charge content update (coming soon) that will bring even more surprises:
The Worker of Secrets isn’t the only person locked away in the tower… and a relic from the distant past comes to light!
We’re also keeping our fingers crossed for Infinity Blade Dungeons, which is shaping up to be another smash hit set in the Infinity Blade universe.
In case you haven’t purchased the game yet, now’s the right time as Infinity Blade II is now only three bucks, down from its usual asking price of seven bucks, for a limited time of course.
What do you think of Infinity Blade II?
If anything, this game has gotta be a system seller, right?