Last week, Rockstar announced that it would be bringing its popular Max Payne title to iOS. The third person shooter has developed quite a following as a PC/console game, and now it looks set to take on Apple’s mobile platform.
Fans of the franchise will be happy to hear that the iOS port of Max Payne will include many of the same features that made the series a hit including slow-motion gunplay and cinematic cut scenes…
From the App Store description:
“A fugitive undercover cop framed for murder, hunted by cops and the mob, Max is a man with his back against the wall, fighting a battle he cannot hope to win. Max Payne is a relentless story-driven game about a man on the edge, fight to clear his name while struggling to uncover the truth about his slain family amongst a myriad of plat-twists.
- May Payne’s signature slow motion gunplay, Bullet TIme
- Stunningly sharp, HD quality resolution and textures
- Retina supported resolution for the new iPad
- Gameplay tailored for touch screen devices
- Highly customizable controls
- Multiple aiming modes
- Rockstar Social Club integration to track stats, unlock cheats and more”
Max Payne is compatible with the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 4, iPad 1, iPad 2, and the new iPad. It’s currently only available in the New Zealand App Store, but it should pop up in the US shortly.
Update: The game has surfaced in the US App Store as a universal app for $2.99. Click here to download.
Hat tip to @oussamatabbal