Spirit, the userland jailbreak for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad is finally available. We’ve been waiting for Spirit for quite a while now. It was supposed to be released last Friday but Comex, its developer, decided to wait a few more days to make sure new iPad 3G owners would have time save their SHSH blobs, but also to finish up Spirit and make sure it was 100% reliable.
For the occasion, Comex developed a new website for Spirit at SpiritJB dot com where you can download the Windows and Mac version. Note that at the time I am writing this, my antivirus keeps flagging Spirit as a trojan. Besides, the site is very slow due to an overwhelming amount of traffic.
UPDATE: I turned off my antivirus and downloaded Spirit. It is 100% safe.
Things worth noting about Spirit:
- Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and 3.2
- Your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad must be activated
- Your device must not be stuck on the Connect to iTunes logo or emergency call screen
- It will work on any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1)
- Spirit will not unlock your iPhone
- If you are currently using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore in order to use Spirit
- Do not upgrade if you unlocked your iPhone 3G or 3GS (if you have the SHSH blobs for 3.1.2, you can restore to it)
- While Spirit is stable for all devices, your iPad may act a little funny due to packages that have not been updated for it yet
Comex did a great job on that one. Congrats!
UPDATE 2: I wrote a Spirit jailbreak tutorial for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.