- Works on both 3G and 3GS
- Works on hacktivated devices
- Works regardless of how you jailbroke your device
- Doesn’t patch any mach-o binary whatsoever. (Doesn’t require a separate patch as each new firmware comes out).
- Doesn’t install any additional daemon
- Has no race conditions, no popups about “Missing SIM”, no network issues
- Is almost 7000 times smaller than its nearest competition 🙂
- Is available now via Cydia. Source repo is http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com (that last “0” in ultrasn0w is a zero!)
That was the short version… If you want to full geeky version of this, head over the Dev Team’s blog. Although PurpleSn0w might not be perfect, the Dev Team used parts and pieces of GeoHot’s findings and included them in the latest UltraSn0w 0.9 update (available through Cydia).
What’s really better? UltraSn0w or PurpleSn0w?
Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t need to unlock my iPhone right now so I haven’t even tried any of these. If I had to pick one though, I’d choose UltraSn0w. I trust the Dev Team is doing what’s best for your iPhone now but also takes into account future updates that might render the unlock impossible. GeoHot on the other hand, seems to be a burning head.
Have you tried UltraSn0w and PurpleSn0w? If so, what do you think?