The Apple Watch Nike+ is arriving tomorrow in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and a number of other countries. The Series 2 comes with exclusive Nike-branded bands, watch faces and complications, plus the Nike+ Run Club app is built-in. Ahead of tomorrow’s launch, Nike+ Run Club for iOS was refreshed this morning with new features on the Apple Watch Series 2.
The Nike+ Run Club app (formerly Nike+ Running) brings out support for Apple Music, allowing subscribers to stream their favorite tracks as well as the Nike+ Run Club custom playlists directly from the app.
Nike’s built-in playlists can be seen here.
Plus, the app will now correctly sync your runs to Apple’s Health app.
An overhauled run summary screen should make viewing your map and run metrics easier and revised post-run sharing flow makes it easier to share to your favourite social networks. If you own an Apple Watch, the latest version of the Nike+ Run Club app will now let you invoke workouts via Siri, hear audio read-outs from the watch and more.
Other new features for Apple Watch users include:
- Bold display of your running metrics at a glance
- Smart invitations to run, personalised for you
- Schedule run reminders to keep you motivated
- Start, Pause, Resume and End your run with Siri
The app packs in a number of fixes for:
- Fix for pause and resume when returning to app
- Fix for pausing run while music buffers
- Preferences will now be retained after upgrade
- Fixed a bug saving runs ended on Apple Watch
- Fixed a bug checking off Nike+ Coach runs in your plan
- Fixed a bug stopping runs from watch when your phone is locked
Last but not least, the app will now use GPS on the Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Nike+ to map your runs precisely without an iPhone.
Note that Nike+ Run Club 5.1 for iOS requires iOS 10 or later.