Many users trying to update to iOS 9 are reporting various errors, including the most common: Software Update Failed. An error occurred downloading iOS 9. We understand it can be very frustrating, but unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it at this time.
The reality is that thousands, if not millions of people are currently trying to download iOS 9, slamming Apple’s servers, and causing those errors you see.
Sure, by now Apple should have figured out how to avoid that recurring problem. Just like they should figure out how to properly handle the online Apple Store on pre-order day. But unfortunately, it seems it is something that even the most successful company in the world can’t get done.
Because there is currently nothing you can do about this but wait it out, here is what you could do in the meantime:
- go outside and fill your Apple Watch rings
- stand up and go drink some water
- clean up your office
- make yourself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- call your mom
- write a love letter to Jeff
- find some awesome deals to share with Cody
- tell Lory how much you appreciate her app reviews
- thank Christian for the neat tutorials he’s been writing lately
- reassure me by telling me my French accent is not that scary
- thanks Jim for finding these beautiful wallpapers for you every Sunday
- tell Timothy he made the right choice with his iPhone 6s Plus
Anything else you can think about doing during this painful waiting game? Chime in below.