The officially licensed game of the Mission Impossible film series has arrived in the App Store ahead of the movie’s worldwide release by Paramount Pictures.
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation for iPhone and iPad, available now in the App Store at no charge, offers a combination of first and third-person action.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to infiltrate secure locations and eliminate high-profile targets, perform lethal strikes and confront the Syndicate across the globe.
The game includes varied locations like Morocco, London and Vienna, combines arcade shooting with stealth missions and is packed with advanced weaponry that only sophisticated agents use, like heavy guns, gauss rifle, rocket launchers, throwing knives, med kits, armor and much more.
Graphics looks nice, courtesy of the Unity engine.
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation highlights:
- Track the Syndicate across the globe: Travel to exotic locations as you take out enemy agents, destroy rogue bases, and eliminate the boss in each region.
- Complete impossible missions: Complete each mission’s objective as you stop the Syndicate and assist the IMF. Stake out targets from long range, take them down with well-placed shots, assault enemy bases head-on or infiltrate enemy lines without compromising your identity.
- Equip advanced weaponry and gear Load up on weapons like sniper rifles, assault rifles, heavy guns and gauss rifles then upgrade them. Don’t forget to grab the latest gear as well like rocket launchers, throwing knives, med kits, armor, and more!
- Destroy enemy bases and build your defenses Build your IMF headquarters defenses to protect your resources, assault and steal other players’ headquarters! Fortify your defenses with upgrades like turrets to repel even the most stubborn attackers.
- Join and form agencies Create an IMF agency with other players and work together to win agency events.
By the way, the latest installment in the Mission Impossible film series is scheduled for a theatrical release on July 31.
Check out the game’s launch trailer below.
Rogue Nation is provided on a freemium basis so expect some ads and optional In-App Purchases for gold packages to upgrade your weapons and gear.
A network connection is required to play.
The 148-megabyte game requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 6.0 or later and is optimized for the iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus screen sizes.