Developer AgileBits on Monday refreshed its freemium password-manager utility, 1Password for iOS, with a much smarter extension that allows you to create logins and other items without switching to the main app.
1Password 5.3 is also packed with a dozen other goodies, including enhanced Dynamic Type support, a fixe for the broken Zoom Mode on the iPhone 6 Plus, a new Large Type option, tags in bubbles, the ability to switch time zones and much more.
1Password 5.3 — The Extended Brainiac Edition, as developers dubbed it — features an improved extension which allows you to create new Logins in 1Browser, Safari and even other apps. It can also fill Identities and Credit Cards, without forcing you to leave context of the app you’re currently using.
If the site you’re viewing doesn’t match any Logins, you can now select the correct Login by using the Show All Logins button.
A brand new Message Center delivers 1Password news and tips right to the app’s settings interface, to keep you up to date on the latest releases and new features.
If you’re an iPhone 6 Plus owner, 1Password now works correctly with the handset’s Zoom Mode. Issues causing the Lock screen animation to break and the Springboard to restart have been fixed as well.
In addition to these improvements, 1Password 5.3 contains the following fixes and enhancements:
- Squinting at usernames and passwords is a thing of the past, thanks to our new Large Type option. Just tap on any username or password and select Large Type from the popup. We’ve also improved our Dynamic Type support to make 1Password bigger and friendlier for everyone!
- Tags now pop a bit more because we display them in these fancy little bubbles.
- You might switch time zones, or even cross the International Date Line. The dates in 1Password will stay steadfast, though.
- Attached to your attachments? We’ve fixed an issue where sometimes attachments could not be read on some devices.
- One-time passwords now appear in two groups and are separated by a faded bullet to make them easier to read.
- If you need to search using Asian language characters, it’ll work.
And finally, 1Password’s automatic form filling is now 2,000 percent more accurate and 483 percent faster.
The full changelog is available here.
Download 1Password free in the App Store.
A one-time $9.99 In-App Purchase upgrade unlocks Pro features such as multiple and shared vaults, automatic syncing, folders, custom fields and a whole bunch of additional categories including driver’s license, passport and many more.