Yahoo’s News Digest iOS app isn’t just gorgeous, it’s a great time saver, too. For those unfamiliar with Digest, it uses Yahoo-owned Summly technology and algorithmic and human editorial curation to aggregate and summarize the day’s most important topics from a variety of trusted sources and premium media outlets.
With your news delivered twice a day, it’s a great way to start your day in the morning and wind down in the evening, without spending too much time catching up on the most important news.
The catch? The news it serves focuses on U.S. and UK markets. But not anymore: as of today, the new version of the app serves news globally, with both international and Canadian editions of the Digest now available…
Yahoo News Digest 1.2 changelog:
• Digest goes global!
• International edition of the Digest.
• Notifications synced to all timezones.
• Canadian edition of the Digest.
• “Learn More” feature
• Other goodies and bug fixes.
Moreover, our Android friends will be delighted to learn that News Digest is now available in the Google Play store.
In addition to the U.S. and UK builds, News Digest is now available in the Canadian and International editions in local App Stores. For those wondering, the international edition is compiled by Yahoo’s editorial teams in the United Kingdom, the United States and Malaysia.
- In the United States and United Kingdom, Yahoo News Digest is now available on Android, and has added an International edition for those who are interested in global news
- In Canada, Yahoo News Digest is now available on iOS and Android. Our users in Canada can select their edition to see the most locally relevant stories or access the International news edition
- In the rest of the world, Yahoo News Digest is now available on Android and iOS through our International edition (in English)
According to Yahoo, 40 percent of those who downloaded Yahoo News Digest are coming back to the app on a daily basis.
The iPhone-only app requires iOS 7.0 or later.